do you like winter? what do you usually do during cold weather?
personally i don’t like cold weather, makes me want to curl up in bed with my laptop with a hot cuppa chocolate and tonnes of marshmallows.
sydney has been harshly cold this year, with lots of rainy days too so my gumboots had been handy.
winter @the rocks.
one of the good things about this city is that people are very encouraging & active in promoting arts – vivid sydney has been amazing this year.
vivid sydney – customs house.
been doing a lot of research (and shopping haha) on home products/handmade crafts. a lot to absorb at the moment and have been trying out different things. i’m not a very arty person but i do love home/handmade products a lot, so hope to show you more things i’m working on soon.
my work station.
woooohoooooo my first handmade stamp was born yesterday!! so excited!! it was easier then i thought.
for beginners you only need the following things:
- a block of rubber
- a cutter (don’t even need the carving tools if you’re not planning to make a large batch)
- some tracing paper (you can get that at craft shops)
- a pencil
- a rubber
- a ruler
- ink pad
i’m sure you have all of these things at home (maybe except for the tracing paper).
what you need to do is:
- draw the shape/design onto the tracing paper with a pencil
- turn over the tracing paper and put it on the rubber block
- use the end of the pencil to scratch the design onto the rubber block
- and then start carving!
it’s as easy as that.
first handmade stamp.