do you like winter? what do you usually do during cold weather?
personally i don’t like cold weather, makes me want to curl up in bed with my laptop with a hot cuppa chocolate and tonnes of marshmallows.
sydney has been harshly cold this year, with lots of rainy days too so my gumboots had been handy.
one of the good things about this city is that people are very encouraging & active in promoting arts – vivid sydney has been amazing this year.
been doing a lot of research (and shopping haha) on home products/handmade crafts. a lot to absorb at the moment and have been trying out different things. i’m not a very arty person but i do love home/handmade products a lot, so hope to show you more things i’m working on soon.
woooohoooooo my first handmade stamp was born yesterday!! so excited!! it was easier then i thought.
for beginners you only need the following things:
- a block of rubber
- a cutter (don’t even need the carving tools if you’re not planning to make a large batch)
- some tracing paper (you can get that at craft shops)
- a pencil
- a rubber
- a ruler
- ink pad
- draw the shape/design onto the tracing paper with a pencil
- turn over the tracing paper and put it on the rubber block
- use the end of the pencil to scratch the design onto the rubber block
- and then start carving!